Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 2:54:13 PM EDT
I had a thought today (few and far between, i know).  In 30 years, ALL transferable machine guns will be C&R's.  That thought made me smile a bit, although I will be an old man then (63).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the ATF is going to be on top of it.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
There is already lots of machine guns that are C&R now. They are still under NFA also. But all it means is you get your tax stamp, then have it shipped to your door

Check the books the ATF sent you. They're listed in there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I think all of them should be C&R right now. With only ~300K on the books as transferrable to individuals, they definately derive their value from being novel and rare. Look at the number of "limited production" pieces on the list where limited means a couple thousand. That pretty much describes every model of machine gun. How many registered FNCs are out there? Uzis? MACs? M16s? Treating each model seperately, as they should be, they all can be said to be "limited production".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top