Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:39:56 AM EDT
  A local gunshop I go to has been liquidating the collection of a crazy old coot that had Enfield rifles stacked up in every room in his house like cord wood.

That's the good news  (Well, not for him R.I.P. , no disrespect intended) The bad news is he had a compulsion to paint them , camouflage them, cut barrels off mount cheap scopes etc.  Out of every 10 there are about 2 that are untouched or salvageable. The top one, a Savage 1942 was untouched.

The bottom one was hand painted black and green gloss camouflage. But it cleaned up nice. with a little orange stripper.

The others are pretty cheap. 59.00 each and if nothing else are a great source for parts etc. If you guys are interested in a gallery of "Bubba" images let me know.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Where abouts in MI is this store.

If it's not so far from OH, I migh make a roadtrip, to see what they have.

Any more unmolested Enfields?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I' M NOT TELLING !

JUst kidding... Johnson's in Adrian MI.  No more unmolested right now They have a bunch that are painted and scope-tapped. They come in in waves. When they run low the widow brings more in.

They have some nice unmolested K98, Mosin 91/30  and other Mausers and such too. Nice guys too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Gallery would be nice.  I've considered a modified Enfield but couldn't bring myself to bubbafy an original, so one already bubbafied would be perfect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gallery would be nice.  I've considered a modified Enfield but couldn't bring myself to bubbafy an original, so one already bubbafied would be perfect.

Here are some of my Enfields that I've salvaged from Bubba

1) Lithgow No1 MIII with inexplicably circumcised crown and cut down of a really nice stock.
2) NO 1 Mk III 1917 GB ,Metal is all good looking for a nice for-end (note the historically challenged U.S. quarter stock disk )
3) Savage No. 4 with scope is going in for a re-cut crown and JC flash hider install
4) No4 Mk2 Irish contract / Really nice, Unfortunately drilled and tapped for scope
5) Long Branch No 4 Mk1* / Really nice, Unfortunately drilled and tapped for scope

I know they are pretty much toast as far as any real collector value. They sure are nice shooters though. I put a couple pieces of the sporterized wood in the photo so you can see the handywork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top