Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:08:04 AM EDT
My son picked up a No 4 MK 2 that someone tried to sporterize by lopping off the front 1/3 of the stock. He wants to restore the rifle as it shoots well and is worth the effort, the only stocks he can seem to find are for MK 1's.
I don't know what the difference is but if someone could point us in the direction of a supplier of MK 2 stocks that would be great.

Thanks

DD
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No. 4 Mk2's are NOT SMLE's.

It will save you some headaches in finding that stock.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
My son picked up a No 4 MK 2 that someone tried to sporterize by lopping off the front 1/3 of the stock. He wants to restore the rifle as it shoots well and is worth the effort, the only stocks he can seem to find are for MK 1's.
I don't know what the difference is but if someone could point us in the direction of a supplier of MK 2 stocks that would be great.

Thanks

DD

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe sportsmanguide, heres a stock # for a new No.4 Mk1 complete set #ax5a-75351. its a mk1 I don't know if it could be used on a Mk2 For 60.00 hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Why isn't the NO4 MK2 a SMLE?  Every thing I have read so far said that it is.

What gives?

DD
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Call it that and then try to find a stock.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Why isn't the NO4 MK2 a SMLE?  Every thing I have read so far said that it is.

What gives?

DD

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]
interordnance.com is the only current place i remember seeing No4 Mk2 stocks for sale.

Numrich at E-Gunparts.com is usually an OK source for replacement stocks also.

for brand spanking new  IIRC Boyd's is making new military replacment stocks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks advntrjnky and beemerman

DD
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
glad to be of assistance!  hope it works out well for you, and you know you have to post pics-right!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if he is going to start right away, but I will borrow a camera and post when he does.

DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top