Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:05:37 PM EDT
i ordered some mauser stripper clips from sportsmans guide for my Yugo M48 after i ordered them i saw that it says they wont fit mauser 98ks does this mean it wont fit mine? So did i just waste 10 bucks?
here is the link
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure, I do know that my 98k stripper clip guide won't take clips intended for some of my other mausers, because the hole is too small.  And my m48 doesn't like my 98k strippers too much either; the clip doesn't seat right making it hard to push the rounds in.. of course, my m48 clip guide looks like it was done with a file... so that might be it too
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some that look just like that, but are steel.

They work just fine in my M48A.

I think you'll be OK.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhhh...isn't 8mm the same as 8mm?

Some strippers (Turk) are crap, but most will work regardless.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well got them, they dont fit. Ill have to see if i can sell them to a local gunshop or maybe trade them in for something. I think they are made out of a thicker metal than the newer ones, so i imagine thats the reason they dont fit.  Good news is the ammo i ordered already had stripper clips so i was pleased that it came with them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
work or not...hell, that's just as good of an excuse as any to buy another rifle they do fit
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
work or not...hell, that's just as good of an excuse as any to buy another rifle they do fit

Well I love this gun, its my new favorite. But i need to save up for a couple of accesories and then for a AR15, I have more guns to cross off my my list, and it is a long list. So any step that gets me there faster will be taken.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 thats how I see it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top