Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Antiques are not logged in your book. Are you sure it's an antique?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Would I have to log an antique in my bound book?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about a pre-1898?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
If the receiver has not been altered and is pre-1899, then it is a non-firearm in the eyes of the Feds.  Even if a modern rifle, such as a Mosin M39 has been assembled around the receiver, it is still a non-firearm and should not be in your bound book.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My M39 has a 1897 tang date.  I put it in the bound book though before I discovered the date.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even if a modern rifle, such as a Mosin M39 has been assembled around the receiver, it is still a non-firearm and should not be in your bound book.

That's what I'm looking at buying.

Thx guys.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]
When I got BATF approval for an electronic bound book, they said that antique firearms could be logged for inventory purposes if I desired but that I was not required to do so.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top