Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 1:56:40 PM EDT
December 28th 2005

Quoted:
Sent my C & R application off today. The wait begins.

Quoted:
24 January 2006

I received my application back from BATF. I somehow overlooked putting in my birthdate. The processed my payment though and stamped it paid. Man what a tease for a gun collector.

I was pretty impressed that they mailed it to me and provided me the opportunity to correct the oversight. I figured they would have just trash canned the application and sent me a denial. Hats off to the BATF.

If I hadn't screwed up, that would have been completed and in my hands with in 30 days. I'm really surprised they did it that fast.

Now, the wait begins again........

17 Feb 2006.
I received my license today. Less than 2 months from application to license in hands and that is with a screw up by me. I am pretty impressed with how fast they got it to me. I would have received it much sooner if I hadn't screwed up and left my B-day blank on the application.

Let the spending begin..
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club! Don't forget to send off copies to SOG, MidwayUSA, AIM, SARCO, Numrich, WGA, Brownells, etc. oh, and call your credit card company and ask them up up your limit.
Nice to see a fellow missourian heading for the poor house.

Gary
(C&R licensee for more than a decade)
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
December 28th 2005

Quoted:
Sent my C & R application off today. The wait begins.

Quoted:
24 January 2006

I received my application back from BATF. I somehow overlooked putting in my birthdate. The processed my payment though and stamped it paid. Man what a tease for a gun collector.

I was pretty impressed that they mailed it to me and provided me the opportunity to correct the oversight. I figured they would have just trash canned the application and sent me a denial. Hats off to the BATF.

If I hadn't screwed up, that would have been completed and in my hands with in 30 days. I'm really surprised they did it that fast.

Now, the wait begins again........

17 Feb 2006.
I received my license today. Less than 2 months from application to license in hands and that is with a screw up by me. I am pretty impressed with how fast they got it to me. I would have received it much sooner if I hadn't screwed up and left my B-day blank on the application.

Let the spending begin..

They don't send denials over typos and trivial paperwork errors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top