Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
Im thinking of purchasing a Mosin from AIM surplus.

My question is, are the Fin made ones worth the extra money?
I will be using Surplus 7.62x54r ammo.

what type of surplus ammo will do 2 moa at 400 yards?

Also what scope mount do I need to use a rifle scope?

Pretty much want a rifle capable of 2 moa out to 400 yards w/ surplus ammo, if thats possible

thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a few russians, romainians and a pole.  They all shoot pretty good for what they are, some have sewer pipes for bbls and still shoot ok.  2moa may be a stretch at longer distances.  Fins are either captured russians or local built, make sure you get what you pay for.   I do not scope them, I prefer original.

I have a '39 Tula that easily runs 1.5 inches with good quality surplus at 100 yds.  I also have a late war Izzy that has pretty spotty accuracy, it does look pretty.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
they have a m39 at AIM surplus for 180. are those a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Finnish guns have heavier barrels and (much) better triggers. The Finns prided themselves on accuracy and took the time to improve their basic infantry rifles- even the ones built up from original Russian receivers.

It is generally accepted that the Finnish rifles are on average more accurate than their Russian counterparts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
guns and ammo.com has one for $140 on their list, i would opt for something like it over aims $180 guns. ive seen some pics of aims shooter specials and they really arn't in that good of condition.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
You will have to ruin it as a collectible rifle to mount a regular scope on it.

Probably be happier with a modern rifle designed for scope mounting.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Im thinking of purchasing a Mosin from AIM surplus.

My question is, are the Fin made ones worth the extra money?
I will be using Surplus 7.62x54r ammo.

what type of surplus ammo will do 2 moa at 400 yards?

Also what scope mount do I need to use a rifle scope?

Pretty much want a rifle capable of 2 moa out to 400 yards w/ surplus ammo, if thats possible

thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top