Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:07:53 PM EDT
I got my first M1 the other day and stuck my dad's bayonet that he carried across europe in WWII on it and it doesn't want to come off!

Does the plunger that I have to press to remove it from it's scabbard also need to be pushed to pull the bayonet off the rifle?

It's not actually stuck on like it's too tight...it's got a little rattle to the fit.

I'm a newbie to the antique arms so bear with my ignorance...any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If this isn't the best forum to post this topic in, can anyone suggest one that will help?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I got my first M1 the other day and stuck my dad's bayonet that he carried across europe in WWII on it and it doesn't want to come off!

Does the plunger that I have to press to remove it from it's scabbard also need to be pushed to pull the bayonet off the rifle?   Yes

It's not actually stuck on like it's too tight...it's got a little rattle to the fit.

I'm a newbie to the antique arms so bear with my ignorance...any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Does the plunger that I have to press to remove it from it's scabbard also need to be pushed to pull the bayonet off the rifle?

Thanks

You should just be able to push the button and pop the bayonet off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]

If the release button doesn't work , try removing the grips and see if it gives you access to the
lock mechanism .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top