Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 1:51:36 PM EDT
Picked this up at the local show,  know its an RC, has the x. Duv42, so that would make it berlin-lubecker 1942 right? Stock and action match, I can't find an sn on the barrel (might be under stock?), and the bolt has no numbers (other than electropencil), only some waffenampts. Stock is in great shape, bore is PRISTINE!! One odd thing is a crossbolt in the stock by the grip. Some guy told me that was for support for grenade launching, since there are no cracks at all in the stock; is that correct? Anyways, I'd love to here whatever you can tell me, and here are some pics! -- WA's and swas intact  

Can you tell me anything else about it?  What do you think

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]
She's beautiful, that stock looks very nice!  Sorry I can't give you more info on your gun, I'll leave that to the more knowledgeable on this forum.  I'm comtemplating buying another, I've got a byf 41 that's a tackdriver.  Congrats on the great find!  Let us know how she shoots!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it for 179.  They were a dealer so i had to pay tax :(, after tax came to about 190.  

I haven't taken the stock off, but I just noticed the barrel has teh same wa214's that the action has, so I am assuming they are a match.  So it looks like barrel, receiver, stock are matching original (all the ep numbers match).  I can't see anything on the bolt other than some ultra tiny waa's, and some wierd proof marks that I have never seen before (of course, my 98k experience is all internet until today).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that is a nice rifle.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that is a Czech code, either Brunn or Bysterica (sp.).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I found this list on another forum:

mauser werke ag,oberndorf a/N
s/42k
s/42G
s/42
byf
svw
svwMB

J.P.sauer und sohn gewehrfabrik, suhl
s/147k
s/147G
s/147
c.e.
ce
CE

Erfurter maschinenfabrik (erma)
s/27.g
s/27
ax

mauser werke ag, borsigwalde
s/243g
s/243
ar

wilhelm gustloff werke
bcd

berlin-lubecker maschinenfabrik
s/237
duv

steyr-daimler-puch AG
bnz

waffen werke brunn AG,brunn
swp
dot

waffen werke brunn AG, bystrica
dou

berlin-suher waffen-und fahrzeugwerke
bSw

this information came from: backbone of the wehrmacht
by author: Richard D Law

Also here:

German codes

Mine is duv
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifle.  This like should have some more info for you too.

www.ycgg.org/ycgg_ww2german_pdf.htm
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The stock doesnt really match.  That number stamped in it was done by the Reds.  The real stock number is on the inside.  Its a nice rifle and you got a good deal on it.  Those have been going for about $225 - $300

Mine is a Brno made rifle (dot) which also has a cross bolt in the stock and I'd like to know what its for to.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to be the second to shoot it since I helped pick it out.  It's indeed a nice find, if he hadn't grabbed it, I would have.

The Dr.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The stock doesnt really match.  That number stamped in it was done by the Reds.  
Mine is a Brno made rifle (dot) which also has a cross bolt in the stock and I'd like to know what its for to.

You're right!  I opened it up and looked inside, its not a match.  Oh well, its still a nice stock :)  I do wonder though, all the serial numbers on the parts (that weren't ground off), aren't matches but a lot are pretty damn close.  Most of the parts have the waa214's on them too.  Since the condition is so good, I get the impression maybe they captured this from a cache or something and they were reworked as a group.  I wonder *shrug.*  A couple people have told me the crossbolt was a repair, but I can't find a crack anywhere, inside or outside the stock.  I don't want to take out the bolt since it is basically shellacked over.  I do like the idea of my rifle being designated for grenades though  

Thanks for the info too, geweidert!  It looks like this one may have been made in Berlin!

And its true, without Drof I could have made a bad decision and passed this one up; I'm glad you were willing to share the mauser wealth
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you're missing the cleaning rod, and I'm willing to bet the front sight hood and capture screws as well.  This is very common with the RC guns (I have one).  Those parts are easy to find though.  

ETA: Nice catch, mine is a '43 J.P. Sauer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top