Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 4:05:36 PM EDT
It looks like the exact same thing that ammunitionstore.com sells, as well as ammoman, sportsmanguide and the others... They all appear to be the same box with the same numbers.. but some advertise it as non-corrosive, while others dont say corrosive or non.  Please look at this and tell me whether it is corrosive or not.

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=662353

And I looked at other surplus ammo, like 8mm yugo that I know for sure is corrosive, and sure enough they give a warning that it is corrosive and about cleaining it.. But for this swiss ammo, it doesnt say anything about it being corrosive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Non-corrosive. IIRC the Swiss never used corrosive ammo in their K31s. That is Swiss GP11 and you can get it cheaper here:

www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Non-corrosive. IIRC the Swiss never used corrosive ammo in their K31s. That is Swiss GP11 and you can get it cheaper here:

www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp

Thanks a lot, order placed. 20 saved over midway usa's prices, and 31 saved over sportsmanguides prices. Thats 3 12 packs of budweiser you just gave me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
www.aimsurplus.com

has pretty good prices right now on swiss ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Kind of off topic but, ammo related
I got my K31 and case of ammo from AIM Friday.
The ammo has what looks like Green wax around the case mouth. Does that need to be removed before firing or just let it go ?
The ammo has the # 591-1100 on the box with 7.5mm GP11.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just let it go. I have seen no problems with my K31s and all I have done is bore snake them after shooting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The ammo has what looks like Green wax around the case mouth. Does that need to be removed before firing or just let it go ?

that's on all GP11 or at least some form of wax.

It's to help extraction of the cartridge after being fired.  Supposedly the straight pull rotating system is a little less stronger in torque than manually rotating the bolt like on a mauser or 1903.

so leave it there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#7]
ya, I just had my ammo delivered, and I dont even own a k31 yet... But I will be buying one at the gun show on the 4th... I was amazed.. It's my first large caliber rifle..  These cartridges are massive.. My shoulder hurts already from looking at them.. Omg its gonna be fun.  The only thing thats weird about these cartridges is that they feel kind of light and hollow for their size...  And one more thing.. Im a little dumbfounded on how the stripper clips will work.. cuz I got ten of them for free with the ammo..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ya, I just had my ammo delivered, and I dont even own a k31 yet... But I will be buying one at the gun show on the 4th... I was amazed.. It's my first large caliber rifle..  These cartridges are massive.. My shoulder hurts already from looking at them.. Omg its gonna be fun.  The only thing thats weird about these cartridges is that they feel kind of light and hollow for their size...  And one more thing.. Im a little dumbfounded on how the stripper clips will work.. cuz I got ten of them for free with the ammo..

One of those inexpensive, slip on recoil pads fit well and will let you shoot a lot more rounds in a session.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top