Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 3:56:37 PM EDT
I got the Smith Corona in today,

There is one problem, it will not eject a round.

The extractor grips the case rim fine, BUT when the bolt is pulled to the rear, the round does not eject.

The ejector moves freely.

I had thought there was a spring missing from behind the ejector, BUT after finding a parts diagram, turns out there is not a spring.

So what should I do?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying it extracts just fine, but the case stays in the extractor claw when the bolt is pulled back?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you saying it extracts just fine, but the case stays in the extractor claw when the bolt is pulled back?

Yes, the round will not eject from the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Flip the lever so the rifle is in "single shot" mode (the side lever down) then pull the bolt back. The ejector should point straight across the receiver, and the front edge of the ejector should be perpendicular to the axis of the barrel / bolt.

You might have some gunk in where the ejector pivots preventing it from coming back out far enough to push the shell out of the claw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top