Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:09:23 PM EDT
What can you tell me about the Bannerman conversions of US made Mosins?  I just got a Westinghouse Bannerman conversion from my son and I am seriously considering getting rid of it.  Do these things have any collector value?  From what I have gleaned from the internet, they are not recommended shooters.  I have no use for this new acquisition, and I don't collect Mosins any more.  Just interested in the history/value of this rifle.  I can take pics later tonight or tomorrow if anybody needs to see pics.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't know about the Bannerman conversions specifically, but I heard about one conversion (or set of conversions) done by a radical of some sort. I really can't remember if he was a fascist or a communist, but he bought and converted a bunch of M-Ns that didn't get delivered because of the October Revolution. He was trying to build up a private army that would be able to overthrow the government. Needless to say he failed miserably, but I really can't remember his name or any other real details. I read about it in an older Shooters Bible or something like that I found at the library. Anyway, if it happens to be one of those, I'd say it's worth quite a bit of money. If not, it's just a weird/dangerous conversion. Anyway, hope someone who has more concrete details comes along. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Bannerman was a major dealer in arms around the 1920's.  I know that his conversions were legit, and not part of some radical plot.  I am more interested in a price check on this than anything.  I have already done a mess of research on the history of this conversion, there is a good site here.  I just can't find any real time examples of what kind of price these fetch.  I will most likely be selling this in the near future, and I don't want to take a beating on it, or on the other hand, I don't want to ask a ridiculous amount of money for it either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody got any idea of a fair value?  Like I said, I have searched the gun auction sites that I am familiar with and can't find any that have been sold.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Be very careful with this rifle.  From what I have read, they are not safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try one of the more c&r related sites like p212.ezboard.com/bparallaxscommunitytraderboards or www.russian-mosin-nagant-forums.com/smf/index.php.  I concur with the above statement and would not fire that rifle.  The only value the rifle would have is the value someone might place on it as a bannerman conversion.  I believe that bannerman in those days was kinda like what century is today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top