Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
This is my 03A3. If you want (need) more info. on it just let me know.
Joe href=http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6672/img02967dk.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell us more about it....

Where did you get it? Is it a rifle with all original parts? Is it assembled with parts from various manufacturer? Where did you buy it?

Post more pictures. Looks good so far.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased the rifle in1997 at a Sacramento, Ca gun show. The seller had bought it at an estate sale. It was a CMP rifle. I think I had the original paperwork and box too. It was in perfect condition when I bought it. The barrel is marked SC (Bomb) 10 43. The stock is stamped P by trigger guard. The circle around the P is not there and must have been sanded down during an arsenal overhaul. The P indicates it was proof tested by firing rounds loaded with a higher pressure than a standard cartridge. FJA mark is faint and the crossed cannons are not visible.  It also has the Government arsenal stock rebuilding mark of OG stamp which indicated the Ogden Arsenal. I don’t remember is the sling with the rifle when I got it. I don’t know if it’s even the correct type. Oh! and it shoots great...HereJoe

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2111/img02927gh.jpg

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
From the two pictures, some parts have been replaced but it still look damn good.

Bolt looks blue as does the handguard retaining ring.
Reciever has that nice original greenish tint to it.
Rear sight, bolt sleeve, striker assembly and rear band looks parked, originals would have been blued. Originally only the bbl, reciever and safety lever would have been parked.

It ain't all original, but if it were mine I wouldn't complain one bit. Very nice rifle.

My mom got a Remington 03A3 out of the same bunch in 97. As best as we can tell it was never issued just reinspected and stored.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks just like mine. A 43 Smith Corona. It has a High standard 2 groove barrell. Very accurate. Got it through CMP. Congrads... WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been playing with my Digital Camera, see how you like it. I got you a close up of the "fuzz" from my carpet.
Joe
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8004/img03052iw.jpg
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top