Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:41:20 PM EDT
but just bought 480 rounds of Swiss 7.5 from trailblazer.

What's up with that?

I will be picking up a K31, either from Allan's Armory or AIM shortly, but have decided against the C&R FFL; I don't want "compliance inspections" and figure the $25 fee my FFL charges me is worth it, my few remaining shreds of "privacy" seem worth more than the $30 for 2 years for the wear and tear that it means.   Ask me again after another few C&R type purchases.

Comments?

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  I'm sorry, you can't do that.  You see, I have already claimed dibs on the world's supply of surplus K31's.  You may, however, send me the ammo you bought.  But the guns are mine.  

ETA:  So when is BATFE planning on starting compliance checks on C&R holders?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem...

But I only need 1 or 2, or maybe 3, but no more.  Promise.

Rick

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
From my cold, dead hands, man.  

FWIW, unless there's something very very new that I don't know about, there are no compliance inspections for C&R holders.  If they feel some need to talk to you, they'll let you know and you can make an appointment to come in, or you can invite them to your home if you wish.  But unless something unusual comes up, you won't hear from them other than receiving the bulk mailings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered 2 Hand picked, whatever that means, from AIM surplus.

BlammO,

I will keep the faith.

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From my cold, dead hands, man.  

FWIW, unless there's something very very new that I don't know about, there are no compliance inspections for C&R holders.  If they feel some need to talk to you, they'll let you know and you can make an appointment to come in, or you can invite them to your home if you wish.  But unless something unusual comes up, you won't hear from them other than receiving the bulk mailings.

Good info.

Thank You!

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Another good source of very nice K31 is www.empirearms.com .
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered 2 hand picked walnut stocked from AIM last night, and splurged on a bayonet and scope mount as well.  I hope they are in as good condition as other posters have commented.

Rick

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top