Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 2:05:24 PM EDT
Looks like the CZ52 is the big thing going right now. Will get one shortly but anything else out there I may have missed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they are C&R, but the Star BM is a great little 9mm pistol.  They were the standard sidearm of Franco's Civil Guardia in Spain.  They are cheap right now--well under $200.  Get one before they are gone.

Some of the very best C&R guns are:

East German Makarovs
Russian ex-mil Maks
Argentine Sistema 1927 liscensed copy of the 1911A1
Ex-mil Belgium or Canadian Hi Powers
WWI Spanish Ruby-style copies of the 1903 Browning with French acceptance markings
Victory Model S&W Model 10 M&P in .38 special

The best part of handgun buying is hunting for the good stuff.  Never pass up a pawn shop or a gun shop.  With the exeption of the Star BM, all the others are mostly in the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you seeing the Star BM for under $200?  I've only seen them at SOG for $260.  I'd love to grab one for under $200.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Tokarevs
Star Model A Supers
East german/Soviet Makarovs
Systema and Ballester Molinas
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
p38's
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What about Walther?  Are any of them on the C&R list?  I'd like to pick up one if they are.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Muhurin PPs are C&R eligible.  AIM surplus had some today on their website.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess no big fans of the Russian Revolvers out there. I did notice the Star 9mm x 23mm pistols thought they were neat. Worried about the ammo supply.

I've gone to the extemes in my collecting from NFA to C+R. I like this C+R stuff cause you can get a neat little piece of history CHEAP! Damn those import marking though.  I just got my first UPS load and couldn't believe the condition of an M-44 from AIM for $69. It looked new. I'm going to enjoy this...should have bought a bigger safe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]
DANG ! !

PP's at AIM ?!?!?!  Just went over to their web-site and sure enough - - they got 'em  !

I ordered one from CenterFire three years ago -- my very FIRST C&R purchase  !   -- and was very happy with this little piece of history.

Any idea on why these are 'two tone" ? ?   Surely they can't be alloy frame, could they ? ?

Thanks for the "heads-up"  ! !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top