Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 10:46:47 AM EDT
We all should know by now that you cannot use your C&R FFL to buy and sell for a profit.
But, is it ok to buy in bulk and part out weapons to other C&R FFLs for what you paid for the weapons?

I have a buddy who has a C&R and to save on shipping we were thinking of just placing 1 order and parting out 1/2 the order to the other guy.  A problem?  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as you can and will explain it during a compliance inspection.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
We all should know by now that you cannot use your C&R FFL to buy and sell for a profit.
But, is it ok to buy in bulk and part out weapons to other C&R FFLs for what you paid for the weapons?

I have a buddy who has a C&R and to save on shipping we were thinking of just placing 1 order and parting out 1/2 the order to the other guy.  A problem?  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If he's an 03 also, then it's absolutely not a problem.....one guy buys 2 guns, transfers 1 to the other....you're both buying for your collecting, which is fine.

If you buy more than you sell, and don't CLEARLY operate your 03 for profit, you're fine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]

If he's an 03 also, then it's absolutely not a problem.....one guy buys 2 guns, transfers 1 to the other....you're both buying for your collecting, which is fine.

Thats what I thought, I'm not selling for a profit or to make money, only to save on shipping.  We both are buying same items, just want to save on the shipping and get the reduced price for buying 2, 3, 4, etc.

We'll probably buy 6 SKSs and split it evenly on our first order.

And yes, we are both C&R ffls.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thats what I thought, I'm not selling for a profit or to make money, only to save on shipping.  We both are buying same items, just want to save on the shipping and get the reduced price for buying 2, 3, 4, etc.

We'll probably buy 6 SKSs and split it evenly on our first order.

And yes, we are both C&R ffls.

You're fine then, rock on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top