Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 5:07:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The FN Israeli Mausers are an intermediate length action.  They were originally 8mm.  The Israelis rebarreled them to .308.  I am not aware of dates on these.  I believe they were all done in the 1950's.  Rebarrel jobs may have been in the '60's.

IIRC, most of these are old Marathon imports.  Many of the converted VZ and Nazi Mausers were surplussed off by Israel to various South American countries.  That is why so many of the latter are  in such poor shape.

Go to the K98 Forum at www.gunboards.com . They ought to be able to help you on sources of parts.  Also, Lee's Gun Parts in Irving may have what you need.

I have one and it is one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:40:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You are very lucky to have one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Gunparts/Numrich www.e-gunparts.com

Springfield Sporters

Aim Surplus www.aimsurplus.com

All have replacement Beech Israeli 98k handguards, Aims are like $ 5.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
those are always a cool find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top