Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:21 AM EDT
Now that I'm waiting for my C&R license to come in I've been looking around at options for a 98K.  I found an OLD article on cruffler.com about a batch that Interordnance had on hand and was wondering if anyone had picked up a rifle up from them recently.

The cruffler write up said these were Romanian Surplus that never went through a refurb. It supported the Inter'ord advertising blurb on the site and confirmed that they had worn orig finish, capture screws, cleaning rods, and orig Nazi Markings intact. The numbers were evidently mismatched but, no reblue, no RC marks, no Yugo marks, no pejucide 44's etc.

This condition appeals to me more than what I've seen of the RC and Yugo 98K's but, I think I've also heard that the inter'ord folks have a sketchy rep.

Any advice, or experiences with these folks would be appreciated

Thanks

Blitz
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a RC K98 that did not have any of the refinish marks on it.

All mismatching, black paint, red shellac on the stock, missing capture screws and cleaning rod, but no electro-pencil marks.

Paid a bit of a premium for it, but it looks a lot nicer than the ones with pinged markings and electro-pencil all over them.

I got mine from Empire Arms way back when they were first offered. He's overpriced on everything, but I got what I wanted in a condition that I was happy with.

As for Interordnance, I never had a problem with them. I've bought a few parts kits from them and a couple of rifles. No problems, decent shipping times, and everything was as described.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
i got mine from interordnance last week. a 247 coded gun made in '39. bore is excellent and the stock is a laminated with flat buttcap that is dam near dingless. all markings are in tact with 2 swastikas and a bunch of waffenamps peppered throughout. it was the $199 grade and im very happy with it. came with an ammo pouch, cleaning kit, capture screws, and cleaning rod. from what i understand they are out of them again and are taking backorders. century has S coded guns that have been pinged out for $169, ive seen pics of them and they look pretty good. im thinking of picking one up myself....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
heres some yugo options

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.asp?PageId=45
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have purchased 2 of the Yugo Capture 98k rifles from Allans Armory and was very pleased.  The rifles are very clean, bores are good, some of the parts have Nazi markings on them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with Allensarmory Or empire not interord!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Is Classic Arms regarded kindly as well?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a RC K98  from classic last june. It was a $199 Laminate  rifle. 1937 . It has plenty of swastika's on it. Nothing has been struck through. Barrel/bore was in good shape. Light frost. But strong rifleing. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
IO is selling the same RC 98k's everyone else is. Not every RC 98k will have russian capture mark.

Interordnance actually has had some really nice RC's as RC's go ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I just today ordered one of the $199 + $20 for excellant condition bore RC 98K's ,from inter ordnance

will give ya'll a run down of what im sent next week/pics.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
know of anywhere to get RC K98s with markings for less than the $200 going price ive been seeing?  Im not talking about the ones with pinned out markings or the yugo crest stamped on them either...  

Hows those M48s?  They worth it?  I saw a few locally, they were so gummed up from storage (and not cleaned up before being put out) that I couldnt even work the action... and no the bolt lock wasnt in the locked position lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Probley best ask that on the K98 forum, and even the 200.00 ones can have a capture "X" stamped on them and a waffenampt peened. and every one of the captsure guns are mixmasters
the russians fixed broken guns/blued or painted the metal and had no care about keeping all the parts from the same gun all together while doing that. They have provedense that they saw combat
but they are shooters not pristine collectors weapons....while you may pay 200.00 and get less than you payed for ....if you pay less you are certainly going to get what you payed for lol..broken stocks with crude repairs done by the russians lots of peening and frosted/pitted bore. YUCK
when you open the box and the first thing you think is this one was used as a grave marker, you know the rest of the day is not going to be a happy one.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is Classic Arms regarded kindly as well?

I will yes to Classic Arms.
I had problems with an item purchased from them as it would not shoot straight. They gladly accepted a return and swapped it out for a new item.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for Classicarms.  I bought my first C&R gun from them, a '41 RC 98K with all the markings and it was in really good condition.  It's my most accurate C&R I own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top