Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:53:43 PM EDT
Was shooting my K31 now that it is scoped.  Using a cheap $50 scope and rings.  That probably has the most to do with it.  But my groups at 100 yards weren't that impressive, maybe a few inches in size.  The reason I asked about the loose parts is because the rear barrel band is loose.  the screw will not screw in tight enough to lock the band together so it's slightly loose.  Wondering if this could contribute to decreased accuracy.

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Was shooting my K31 now that it is scoped.  Using a cheap $50 scope and rings.  That probably has the most to do with it.  But my groups at 100 yards weren't that impressive, maybe a few inches in size.  The reason I asked about the loose parts is because the rear barrel band is loose.  the screw will not screw in tight enough to lock the band together so it's slightly loose.  Wondering if this could contribute to decreased accuracy.

thanks.

-mark

That's not abnormal. Also, the front band should not be totally tight. Just enought to keep from coming off. Check the receiver screws to make sure they're tight. The front one is the important one. Play around with the tension on the rear one to "fine tune" things.

But I'd wager your problem is the cheap scope.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you shooting supported offhand what?  Are you wearing gloves?  Give us some of your shooting setup details?  Lastly, I agree it could be your cheap scope.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#3]
shooting off a bench on a hell of a windy day.  Probably 20mpg gusts, I think that had a lot to do with it.  I'd notice while trying to balance a strong gust would push me off by a few inches, and it was hard to keep steady.  Oh and my leapers 5th gen scope

getting a dovetail version of the Russian POSP scope (I'm an AK/Drag fanatic so I had to try it out).  We'll see if that makes a difference, in the meantime I'll try to see if I can tighten the rear barrel band more.  Also I do keep the front not too tight as suggested on swissrifles.com so as not to put too much strain on the barrel.  All in all an amazing rifle none-the-less.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top