Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:47:27 PM EDT
Guy at a local funshow this weekend had one that was in great shape, it had the original type brake not the 2 pot one. He didn't have the original sling, just a leather sling.

Anyway, his friend whom he was selling the rifles, he had a bunch of stuff, didn't know much about military weapons and just wanted to sell them.
He asked a dealer what he thought a fair price was, the dealer told him something that I knew was riduclously low, so I told him I'd give him 475.

The one that I have now costed me 570 2 years ago so maybe I low-balled him a little, I maybe also think that this rifle has the sniper rails and notch.

If anyone has a rifle with the rails and notch could you post a pic I'd appreciate it, I'll have the rifle tomorrow and will post pics.

He also had a preban Belgian FAL, the same dealer told him 450-500 for the FAL. I told him to ask around some more.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice man!  Got you ANOTHER one!  

I think I may have to try to get an SVT 40 this year.. maybe a TT33 to go with it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice man!  Got you ANOTHER one!  

I think I may have to try to get an SVT 40 this year.. maybe a TT33 to go with it!

A local pawn shop has 2 TT33 and a Norinco clone. They want 200 a piece, I don't know what the going price is and I haven't seen anymore so I might get them both.

Will also post pics of the 2 1895 Nagant revolver I got at the show
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
typical carnie low-balling on the FAL...

friends don't let friends sell guns at gun shows without approval.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are the pics I promised. All matching except for the trigger guard and mag. Oh, and I apparently overlooked the fact that this gun is not import marked anywhere. My other SVT is marked in microscopic print on the left side of the reciever..this one is not.

What does that mean?

And the Nagants

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice find esp for $ 475.

It has no import mark because it was imported before 1968. It is a Finnish [SA] captured 1941 Izhevsk manufactured SVT-40.

Finn marked SVT's usually go $ 600-700.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The sniper rails are present
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
that's beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh man, my heart, that thing is beautiful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top