Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:40 PM EDT
I have recently been bit by the C&R bug. It obviously bit me pretty hard, beacuse in the last month I have purchased-

1) Russian M38
2) Russian M44
3) Swiss K31
4) German 98K

Here is my question- is there a good trade magazine out there that deals with Curios and Relics? Something that would be good for a beginner like me who really wants to learn alot.

Thanx-
Bill           hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
SGN covers quite a bit.

I'd like to add that it'd be pretty cool to have a dedicated C&R magazine.. I bet there would be
quite a following..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Like I said- I am new. You have obviously dropped some trade lingo on me with SGN. What's that?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
SGN = Shotgun News

On most gun friendly news stands.

shotgunnews.com/
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Get your Curios and Relics license.  You think you have an addiction now, just imagine how bad it gets when you can order the stuff and have it shipped right to your house.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent off for it last week. Can't wait. Lord save this marriage.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to C&R anonymous.
Ther is a 12 step program when you join.
Buy 12 c&r guns, look at your bank account and then take a long walk off a short peir.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I let my C&R expire.  I was buying a gun or two every time I got the batch of new flyers.  I thought I was cured, but now I just buy ARs and AKs.  I think I was better off with a C&R habit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
This is pretty close to what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Shotgun News mostly has their regular machinegun writers do an occasional C&R article now since they ditched the regular C&R guys.

The results are a lot like you would expect also.<G>

The internet has killed the paper magazine business and will soon finish off the newspapers.  Use google to find a website that covers your firearm choices.  That Surplusrifles is a good place to start.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
SGN covers quite a bit.

I'd like to add that it'd be pretty cool to have a dedicated C&R magazine.. I bet there would be
quite a following..

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
"The Backwoodsman" magazine does a lot of articles on old C&R rifles. You might want a subscription.

It is an awsome magazine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Get your Curios and Relics license.  You think you have an addiction now, just imagine how bad it gets when you can order the stuff and have it shipped right to your house.

I guess its a good thing im a poor college student sucks having a C&R and going ooh I want that but no money.

Did manage to get a Yugo SKS sad part is i took it apart to clean all the cosmoline off but I cant get it back toghter, yeah pathetic I know. so I got a SKS sitting in my safe in pieces. But hey atleasy its better then no SKS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
There's an SKS assemble guide on that surplusfirearms site.  It's not difficult.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess its a good thing im a poor college student sucks having a C&R and going ooh I want that but no money.

Did manage to get a Yugo SKS sad part is i took it apart to clean all the cosmoline off but I cant get it back toghter, yeah pathetic I know. so I got a SKS sitting in my safe in pieces. But hey atleasy its better then no SKS.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Kingfish-
Thanx for that link- it looks pretty cool- I think I'll order it.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There's an SKS assemble guide on that surplusfirearms site.  It's not difficult.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks manged to get it togther I feel like a idoit now apprently i just dindnt have enough leverage  when i was pushing down to get the trigger group back in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
It can be a pain to push the trigger group back in sometimes, yeah.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top