Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:45:31 AM EDT
I plan on ordering a pair on Monday.  I have noticed at Empire Arms, samcoglobal, allans armory, etc they have K31's for significantly higher prices.  I guess most of their rifles are as well.  Is there a reason for this?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to AIM a few months ago and one of my freinds bought a K31. It is a beautiful gun and was in great shape. I haven't seen any firsthand from other places to compare but the one that he bought at AIM made me seriously consider buying one. If only the ammo was cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one.  I was impressed by the way it looked.  I shot it.  I went back and bought more.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Volume would be my guess, but I have absolutely no information to back that up.

Doc
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went to AIM a few months ago and one of my freinds bought a K31. It is a beautiful gun and was in great shape. I haven't seen any firsthand from other places to compare but the one that he bought at AIM made me seriously consider buying one. If only the ammo was cheaper.

Do you reload?  Buy a K31, order a couple hundred rounds of the Wolf 7.5 Swiss, and reload that stuff.  It uses commonly available .308 bullets.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
aim, century, sog, allan and others carry century arms imported guns that have the big billboard stamping on the receiver. samco and classic carry samco imported guns that have their small import stamping on the barrel at the muzzle. like said above its probably  a volume thing, but if i was to buy another it would be  one with the small barrel stamping.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I went ahead and placed an online order for 2.  One hand picked and the other with a Walnut stock.  Anyone know how much cosmoline I should expect with these?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]
They don't have much.  I have had 2, gave one to a friend.

The first one I ordered was a handpicked, the stock had the usual wear, but the metal was in great shape, pristine bore.  The second was one of the shooter specials, and it took a lot of cleaning and it came out nice.

If you don't like what they sent you, you can exchange it for another one.  They're pretty good about that.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
AIM only sells bad ones, out of spec ones, things like that. You shouldnt buy a K31 from them. In fact, you shouldntbuy a K31 from anyone, there just a bad, dangerous, innacurate gun...

*Runs off to buy another one*

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top