Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 4:21:09 PM EDT
Who has Mauser 98 actions worth buying where it won't take selling a kidney or putting up with lousy customer service to do business?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always just by a complete Turk Mauser. They use the 98 action and can be bought for less than $80 from several vendors and auction sites. Then just use the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How's the fit and finish, compared to ze Germans? Much less, or a little less, or not much difference?

I suppose I could sell the unused parts to Numrich...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You could always just by a complete Turk Mauser. They use the 98 action and can be bought for less than $80 from several vendors and auction sites. Then just use the receiver.

Bad idea.  Turk actions were constantly rebuilt into different models and upgrade.  The recievers are about 4 different models and who knows what you will get.

Talk to any good gunsmith, I can get them fully tuned for match shooting all day long for $290.  Any good smth should have them or know where to get them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How's the fit and finish, compared to ze Germans? Much less, or a little less, or not much difference?

I suppose I could sell the unused parts to Numrich...

Well, I wouldnt worry about fit/finish too much. All you want is a non pitted bolt and reciever. You can have a jewled bolt ready for mounting for about 100 by the time your done. The reciever could then be polished and reblued along with a barrel in a caliber of your choosing or you can turn the barrel down if it has a good bore. You can then get a hinged floorplate, accurize it and install a decent trigger. Then you need to drill and tap for mounts ect. Tou can really spend as much or as little as you want. If you want the fancy stock and all the above you can spend about 700 total but have a showpiece rifle that will turn some heads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top