Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 4:17:03 PM EDT
My Dad gave me some ammo he THINKS goes with my Mauser, its some Norma 7x57 175grain soft point ammo, NO. 17004. Is this the right ammo for my Mauser or not?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No. This rifle should be 7.65 Argentine.  

I know that www.ammunitionstore.com has some very nice surplus right now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Your rifle shoots 7.62 argentine. I think remington may have a factory load for it. The 7x57 mauser brass is a little longer and would not chamber in your rifle DO NOT TRY.

Argentina was weird in that they wanted this caliber while the rest of South America wanted the 7mm mauser. Both rounds came into use about the same time.

I have a chilean mauser from the same period but in 7mm shoots great. If the barrel is good you should have a shooter.

Go to a smith and have the barrel slugged to verify the caliber. just to be safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top