Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:38:37 PM EDT
Im looking to buy  an m91/30 mosin nagant for 100.00 it has good rifling and the barrel is not to dark and very shootable, it has 1942 stamped on reciever its not a hex rec, and i forgot to look for manufacure, but i believe its iszhevsk but not sure and on the side it has electro pencil markings from importer and it reads

c.a.i. georgia

can you advise me if this is a good buy? and any info on the importer and maybe when it was imported? the rifle is in very good to excellent i would say but i have not shot it yet, and its very clean with sling and bayonet. thanks for all info guys!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get them for less, usually.  Here:
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html

$69 for the rifle with a sling, bayonet and ammo pouches
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not a bad price for 91/30 if the stock, bore and blueing are in good shape. Especially with a decent condition sling. Hex receivers are preferable, but nothing wrong with a round receiver. My best shooting 91/30 has a round receiver.

Except for my Samco mausers, and a couple K31s from Cherrys, it seems like every other rifle I have with an import mark came from CAI. No complaints with their stuff from me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
CAI is Century Arms International - but in the case of  thr moisin rifles - that is unimportant except for price. These rifles should be pretty much in the same shape they were in when they left their source.

Dont be in a rush to buy it .do some research..

Here is some info--www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/default.asp

here are pictures of markings on russian rifles
www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/mosin_nagant_markings.asp

There are several dealers that specialize in selling older mil-surp rifles such as moisins

www.mosinnagant.net/site%20sponsors/default.asp

good luck
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's refurb, that's too much. At gun shows around here they are around $90 and that's giving all the goodies (sling, bayonet, mags pouch, ETC) plus you have a pile of them to look through for condition, bore and date. OTOH, if this is not a refurb, that is a good price especially if there is a SA stamped on the receiver. Snatch it up if it is. That means a Finnish captured gun during the Winter War. AIM is selling Finn captured 91/30's for around $250 If it's a CIAimport it's probably a refurb though. Terry

BTW, AIM is a great place to deal with and if you're not worried about being able to handpick one yourself, go with them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My CAI M38 was a refurb. If you have "good rifling and not a dark bore" it's probably been counterbored. Easiest way to check is the muzzle. It will not have any rifling for about the last inch or so.

Now, I paid too much for mine, but then I think it's a blast.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IM sent.

im sent back thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top