Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 3:34:43 PM EDT
My gun collection is slowly overrunning my small apt and I am looking for some different/unique ways to display at least some of my guns.  I don't really want the local Walmart 3 gun rack up on the wall, kinda boring.  How do you guys display your guns?  I have mine piled in the corner right now because I can't bear to put them away where I can't see them!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine are displayed inside my Liberty Safe.  If you really have yours stacked in the corner you're gonna be extremely Fucked if your APT get robbed.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two crappy old .22's and a muzzle loading rifle I've never shot in one of those 3 gun racks hanging on the wall.

Everything else is in a couple of those cheap Homack steel gun cabinets that are out of sight. I'm in an apartment too, with limited space. I'm at a point where I'm almost to the point of buying a real safe, but I know my landlord will howl about the weight. I've got a "No aquariums" phrase in my lease, although it's aimed more at the really big ones, I still get to keep my 20gal tank. I will be buying a real safe when I buy a house. I'm hoping in the next 4 or 5 yrs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you really have yours stacked in the corner you're gonna be extremely Fucked if your APT get robbed.  

I completely agree, but I don't have a lot of options right now.  Thankfully I have my chocolate lab that sounds like he's going to rip your throat out when anyone walks up the stairs. hey  I'm actually moving to a house in March and a nice gun safe will be one of my first purchases, but I still want to display some of my K31's, M38 and Mauser.  What's the point of owning them if you don't enjoy them?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my C&R rifles hanging on the wall as my safe is full of the more modern, attractive weapons.  House breakers have very little use for old turn bolt Mausers and Mosins.  They're a pain to get rid of and just don't bring much on the street.  Besides, a K31 would completely baffle the shit out of 'em.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
When the wife's father died a few years ago, we got his wormy chestnut gun cabinet. Goes real well in the living room. My safe is full so the overflow is going in the cabinet, including my two M24/47's. The good stuff is in the safe. Guess it's time to get another safe.

Bub
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
use the art of deception to hide your guns. ive thought about cutting out some sheetrock/walls and putting some guns in between the studs. im very nearing that point as ive got 2 safes packed to the gills already.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine are in the safe.  My house was broken into a year ago, fortunately, I lost nothing.  My guns will stay in the safe for now.  If I was out in the country or something, I might display a few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top