Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:47:22 AM EDT
I read all the requirements on the CMP website, and while I meet all eligibility requirements, I didn't see anything about needing shipment to an FFL holder.  Am I missing something, or can I have a Garand shipped directly to me?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Right to your home. You bet.

I was amazed too. Three rifles later I get very resentfull of the GCA of 68 that prevents me from doing this with other wholesalers.

There is something special in their charter that allows them to do it. ( they do run a background check on you.)

Send your orders now. These are the good old days.

JR
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Sigh, I only wish it were as easy will all C & R rifles. Got to love the Fedx right to your door!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sigh, I only wish it were as easy will all C & R rifles. Got to love the Fedx right to your door!!

psssst...lugerman...c&r03 ffl...check it out!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately Bailagent100,

We are from New Jersey if that answers your question. While I think we can have a 03 license, NJ law states that it still has to go through a FFL for transfer. This state is such
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, we can have a C&R in NJ (I do), but it affords you no special shipping exemptions .  Just about the only thing it's good for is the dealer discounts from online wholesalers and gun shows in PA...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, a C&R newbie here.... please be gentle...

I want to get a M1903 from CMP.  I need to prepare for all the requirements.
Are M1903 & M1 considered C&R since they are at least 50 years older?
Then can I ask CMP to ship them to me directly if I have a C&R license? or to regular FFL dealer?

For C&R shipping, is there anything more special than receiving regular FedEX or UPS shippments?
I am always out of house during week days until 5 pm.

Thanks,

Matt

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK, a C&R newbie here.... please be gentle...

I want to get a M1903 from CMP.  I need to prepare for all the requirements.
Are M1903 & M1 considered C&R since they are at least 50 years older?
Then can I ask CMP to ship them to me directly if I have a C&R license? or to regular FFL dealer?

For C&R shipping, is there anything more special than receiving regular FedEX or UPS shippments?
I am always out of house during week days until 5 pm.

Thanks,

Matt

The CMP can ship them directly to your house even if you do not have a C&R or FFL.  The C&R license can count for your familarity with firearms requirement, though.  The CMP does require an adult signature upon delivery, though.  So either plan to be home the day of delivery or pick it up from their distribution point.

Edit:  And yes, both the 1903 and the M1 are considered C&R.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Great! Thanks for the reply.

However, I don't understand how CMP could ship directly to me even if I don't have C&R?
Anway, that was my understand of purchasing C&R's.  So this means, C&R's can be shipping to the purchaser directly and not through FFL or C&R license.

Actually, I changed my mind.  I plan to visit CMP north store since it only takes about 2 hours.  I didn't know there is a CMP store open.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
The CMP has a special charter that has been approved by the US Government that allows them to ship rifles directly to qualified individuals without the need for a C&R or FFL license.  A trip to the North Store would be a better idea anyway, as you can personally pick and choose the rifles you want!  Good luck, and enjoy! .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top