Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 8:07:11 PM EDT

just got this today, set it up next to my flamethrower/cigarette lighter for scale
1943 Tula with a 1944 Tula stock, imported by CDI, I like how they have the small markings on the right side of the receiver, not the electropencil abortions that century puts on their imports.

so far I like this thing, cant wait to get it out to the range.  

any other SVT owners here?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My father has one, and it's a favorite of anyone that shoots or just looks at it. So much cooler looking  than a Garand
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
[so far I like this thing, cant wait to get it out to the range.  

any other SVT owners here?

Yep, I have one . It shoots great. Very accurate. Very pleasant to shoot. There is nothing like shooting full power cheap milsurp ammo in a rifle that kicks like an SKS

I've owned two. The first one would NOT group so I returned it.  The second one is a dream. It's really a graceful rifle to shoot even though the bbl is soooo  long.

edit

<<<<  post 762 !
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I've got one. Nice, fun rifles. When I take it to the public range (which isn't often) people always ask what the heck is it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
One of my favorites.  I don't shoot it much any more, but a better weapon than comonly percieved.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have one... but I'd like to!  Maybe sometime next year, I can squirrel a little away to try to find a nice SVT.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
best part is, I got that thing for $350 private sale.  one odd thing, it looks like it has an ishevek mark on the front sight/comp assembly, but it has an empty star on the top of the receiver behind the rear sight.  somewhat odd if you ask me.  and where would a finnish capture mark be located if there was one?  should be SA in a diamond right?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
SA would be in a square and stamped on the receiverby the serial number. Yours won't have one. Or if it did it would be SUPER rare as all the imported ones were refurbished by the Russians. SA marked are not refurbs and have the bolts still in the white. Terry
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]

The Germans seem to have admired them when found.

*thanks to Templar's public folders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top