Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 7:09:18 PM EDT
Kinda off  the AK subject , but was hopeing  to get some input . The 24 or the 48. or, how about the Mousin  Nagant .Russian or Finnish? Which caliber is better the 8mm or 7.62x54? Thanks for any help in advance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The 48 has a bent bolt, the 24 has a straight bolt. There's 2 48s. The 48 and the 48A. The 48 has milled parts - trigger guard, etc. The 48A has stamped parts. So the 48 gets a slightly higher price than the 48A all else being equal. Both are fine rifles and like Templar said will typically be new or almost new. The 48 series is a large ring Mauser, but intermediate length action. Not sure about the 24 action length but I'm sure someone will be along to say.

If you get a Mosin Nagant go for the M39 Finnish one. The pinnacle of developement. Very accurate. MN actions normally don't have quite the buttery smooth operation of Mauser but the Finn comes close.

I have some of each. Happy with all of them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
BUY A FINN!! you CANNOT go wrong with a Finnish mosin-nagant. you'll probably pay an army and a leg compared to a Russian one, but it will be soooo well worth it. The Russian ones are accurate as hell and fun to shoot, but the Finnish made ones are even MORE accurate, and to me would be more fun to shoot (but maybe cause im an aspiring Finnish reenactor :P). plus theyre quite rare and would make a damn nice addition to any collection.

as for the yugo mauser, all ive shot is the m48, and its amazing. and since it was only $90, we couldntve gone wrong anyways. doesn't seem like you can go wrong with a mauser.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i will also reccomend the finn rifle, a decent m39 will blow the doors off the 24/47 and m48 as far as shootability and collectability go. do guns have doors? check em out here

http://www.gunsnammo.com/

even the ones for right around $150 are well worth getting.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Templer ,can you please tell me the differances between the receivers, barrels, "b",sako, tula, etc. and what ammo are you using, polish, cech.rom? which in your opinion is best . Were did you buy your M39 and for how much?That picture of your rifle looks mint.What kind of acurracy? I have looked at Aimsurplus, and gunsnammo.com. hy.gif
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top