Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 7:58:56 PM EDT
Wasn't even looking for it, it was just sitting on the shelf at the local shop. Snagged all 3 boxes.

Anyone else get some yet?

Any accuracy problems?

I'll try to test it as soon as I can for those who want a range report.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not tried it yet...let us know how it shoots.

BTW, what part of LA are you in? I'f you happen to be in the Monroe area let me know what store you found it in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf is pretty much Prvi Partizan I think, I've tried the 196 gr SP 8mm (branded as hotshot) and it was pretty decent as far as accuracy goes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
shoot, post pics, and give us a report, give us a good comparison to the GP11 as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
What rifle?  K31?

No Expert

Tagged for range report
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
tagorama......
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
How much was it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Wolf 7.5 Swiss is just about the same as Prvi. IIRC, Wolf purchased Prvi, so the ammo should be on par with the old stuff, just new owner and name.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tagorama......

I just picked up 200 rounds at the last gunshow. Spendy stuff.

And I still need to buy a K31.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagorama......

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagorama......

Bring some to the shoot and you can play with mine.......( bought ammo for a gun you don't own....that's awesome....)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagorama......

Bring some to the shoot and you can play with mine.......( bought ammo for a gun you don't own....that's awesome....)

I will. The Mauser and K31 is what I'm looking for now (Nox is a C&R). I already have the Mosin M38 and Yugo M48 Mauser.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still waiting for a range report on the Wolf stuff.  I think I'll head over to the Swiss rifles forum... see if I can find any good info.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I still like the GP11.  It may be surplus, but it's match surplus and it's damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I love the GP11, but I have not seen the wolf yet.

I have found a Swiss 7.5 load made by FOM(who ever they are). It is a 174 grain sp load and it seems to shoot just as tight as the gp11 load in my rifles. I plan to use it to hunt next dear season when I get my k31 scoped. I currently have 6 boxes of it so I can reload the brass.

Unfortunatly The FOM is 11 bucks a box/20.

I would like to find wolf so I could compair the 2 loads.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#15]
hookem, you mean FNM?  They've been around for a while, IIRC.  I was just browsing a little over at the Swiss Rifle Forum, and it appears the FNM stuff is decent ammo.  Also saw some positive comments on the Wolf ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Wolf bought Prvi Partizan?  When?  Are you sure they are not just contracting out?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wolf bought Prvi Partizan?  When?  Are you sure they are not just contracting out?

I checked up on surplusrifle.com to freshen my memory. You're right. Wolf is contracting out production of their 7.5mm Swiss to Prvi Partisan. I was right in that it's the same performance with a new name and new box. Prvi is good stuff for the reloader; it being brass cased, boxer primed. I love the GP11 stuff but I cry everytime I leave a big pile of shiny, high quality, nonreloable Swiss brass in a pile at the range.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Matthew, Yeah FNM is it(never type with no sleep after a big football game, go horns). So far all their stuff seems to be good.

My local shop has some wolf on order but it has not come in yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked up on surplusrifle.com to freshen my memory. You're right. Wolf is contracting out production of their 7.5mm Swiss to Prvi Partisan. I was right in that it's the same performance with a new name and new box. Prvi is good stuff for the reloader; it being brass cased, boxer primed. I love the GP11 stuff but I cry everytime I leave a big pile of shiny, high quality, nonreloable Swiss brass in a pile at the range.

Glad to hear that. Prvi Partizan used to come in under the Hansen name and was great ammo.  I am glad to see this come out again.

I have gound the FNM made FNM ammo to be top notch, unfortunatly much of it has been contracted out to Igman and is crap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
So the Wolf 7.5 is brass and not steel?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#21]
FNM   Fábrica Nacional de Municiones, Santa Fe, México (near Mexico City)  
FNM Fábrica Nacional de Munições de Armas Ligeiras, Chelas, Portugal
FNM Unknown Factory, Mexico

from http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So the Wolf 7.5 is brass and not steel?

Yes, brass cased. Boxer primed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top