Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 3:52:36 PM EDT
Is anyone aware of where there is any surplus .303 for sale ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only really seen the Pakistani stuff... never bought any, but it's reputed to be CRAP.   I believe almost all other sources of surplus .303 have dried up.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea on a .303 site they were ragging on it , hang fires , duds.....crap . There's no doubt in my mind another "last lot" of a billion rds or so will be discovered sooner or later......
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The .303 market is DRY right now.

There were rumors floating around that an importer bought 2 million rounds of Greek or Radway Green, but that hasn't turned up yet.

Right now, commercial is your best and only bet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There is some coming, but it will be more like the Paki stuff than the SA stuff or Greek stuff. Glad I packed away a couple thousand rounds of both before it vanished.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
At this point I'll take what I can get .
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
A local dealer near me had Greek and South African.  Im buying it all up
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Both are the best surplus ever made for the Enfield. I have a healthy stash of SA left over, but my Greek is now being reloaded cause I couldn't resist shooting the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe Samco Global Arms has some mixed headstamp British 1950's production .303 listed on their site.  As to whether it is decent stuff or not I cannot say.

Ridiculous ammo prices have kept me from getting an Enfield for $99, I might as well hold out to find a .308 Ishapore or an FR-8 and willmake up the price difference in ammo/weapon in a year of shooting
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The HXP is good brass for reloading also.  Very heavy as compared to the others.  It works well to fireform loads for Enfields with excessive headspace.  Normal brass gets all deformed by these rifles.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both are the best surplus ever made for the Enfield. I have a healthy stash of SA left over, but my Greek is now being reloaded cause I couldn't resist shooting the hell out of it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I believe Samco Global Arms has some mixed headstamp British 1950's production .303 listed on their site.  As to whether it is decent stuff or not I cannot say.

Ridiculous ammo prices have kept me from getting an Enfield for $99, I might as well hold out to find a .308 Ishapore or an FR-8 and willmake up the price difference in ammo/weapon in a year of shooting

Good lord , I just got thru a nightmare buying expirience w/ them ,July to Dec. to buy a damn Yugo mauser ,then THRY said "we should refund your $"  and they did .

but like I said I'll take anything right now .
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi I talked to Abbda The lady who works at Samco , and she said "yes we have it" but she said it loose and mixed but ut shoots ok .

They're Mausers Yugos "collector Package " does NOT proprly describe them ....... BUT they sent me my $ back .

I'm going to snag inexpensive Mauser localy , 8mm ammo seems to all over the place . I've seen them as cheap as 99 bucks W/bayo sling Blah blah Grab Lots of ammo cheap .

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Reload or suffer the the pangs of availability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top