Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 9:10:06 PM EDT
Will it disappear? The CMP is unable or refuses to sell any version of any rifle that looks like any other rifle that was capable of fully automatic fire. Since they're out of 03A3s and there's a finite supply of Garands and '03s, what will happen the day they sell out of them?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
it will be a sad day
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they were selling the Bushmaster national match rifle for awhile. I am glad my Mossberg .22 when I did, one of my favorite rifles.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
well, for one the value of the garand will rise.  i think they will probably still sell ammo.  maybe start selling 1911's and M9 pistols? (i can only hope)
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
well, for one the value of the garand will rise.  i think they will probably still sell ammo.  maybe start selling 1911's and M9 pistols? (i can only hope)

Thye only have about a year to two years supply of 06 ammo left...
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The can not sell handguns, it says so in thier charter.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
the day the the CMP runs out of stuff to sell, they will start using the procedes of the rifles sales to fund their marksmanship programs.

The entire reason to sell off the goodies is to build a large endowment that will hopefully allow the CMP to run daily operations offf the interest only.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe reimportation of Garands/M14's from Taiwan/Southeast Asia will be allowed back in..........
...........then again, probably not!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Springfield Armory is building Garands right now:

www.springfield-armory.com/prod-rifles-m1-garand.shtml
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought they were supposed to start selling M1 carbines sometime next year, please tell me it is so.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:03:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought they were supposed to start selling M1 carbines sometime next year, please tell me it is so.

Oh please god let that be true!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#11]
no shit! i've been looking for a good inexpensive carbine for a while. then again, i'm always broke! but seriously, i really hope they reimport a ton of carbines.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#12]
THey will be selling selector welded M14's, 30carbine M1's & old 1911/M9's
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The can not sell handguns, it says so in thier charter.

Thank you Ted Kennedy!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ha, you call that crap an M1 Garand??
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
From what I have read off the CMP forum, they are going to be selling M1 carbine barrelled action only not complete rifles.  I'm not sure if they got them that way or if they were in such bad shape, that was all that could be salvaged.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#16]
The CMP could contract with AR manufacturers for ARs for a tiny amount over cost, and could then give them a national-match treatment, place the CMP insignia on the magazine well, and sell them for a profit.  I'm not sure how the Bushmaster program worked, but this would be similar, giving the AR manufacturers some good publicity and also appealling to collectors.

There is also a rumor that pops up every now and then that the USMC hasn't yet surplused all of their Garands.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
From what I have read off the CMP forum, they are going to be selling M1 carbine barrelled action only not complete rifles.  I'm not sure if they got them that way or if they were in such bad shape, that was all that could be salvaged.  

+1
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
If this were a just world, they would have surplus M14s and M16s to sell.

*sigh*
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The CMP could contract with AR manufacturers for ARs for a tiny amount over cost, and could then give them a national-match treatment, place the CMP insignia on the magazine well, and sell them for a profit.  I'm not sure how the Bushmaster program worked, but this would be similar, giving the AR manufacturers some good publicity and also appealling to collectors.

There is also a rumor that pops up every now and then that the USMC hasn't yet surplused all of their Garands.

You're dreaming. I read that it's PART OF THEIR CHARTER that they can't sell any weapon that had any fully-auto counterpart in the military world. Some shitheel requirement laid on by some do-gooder loser from the Leftocrap party.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're dreaming. I read that it's PART OF THEIR CHARTER that they can't sell any weapon that had any fully-auto counterpart in the military world. Some shitheel requirement laid on by some do-gooder loser from the Leftocrap party.

Link?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
theyve adressed the M!4 rumors time and time again. im hoping they could at least sell parts. they sold M14 bolts and barrels for awhile didnt they?  what about AR uppers. shit i would have been happy just to get M14 prts kits.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#22]
They did sell a CMP version of the AR15 for a while.  They even had Compass Lake versions as well, if I recall correctly.  I'm not entirely sure of the reason they stopped selling them.  

They did sell parts for the M14 as well.  The military needed them back for the war effort and took it all back.  Kinda wish I had bought up some of it for spares, but hey it's going to good use now.

The CMP will be around promoting marksmanship long after all the Garands have sold off.  That's what all the money is being saved up for.  So more power to those than can afford to pay $12,000 and more for them NIW Garands!!!  It's going towards a worthy cause.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

An abortion of a rifle if I ever saw one.
All of them should be torched and saw cut - unholy creations.

Only USGI rifles.
You can't reproduce a rifle like the M1.
It is not like the AR - an M1 has a soul.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Errr...M2 carbine?  I guess the CMP doesn't know about that version...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you talking about? The CMP doesn't sell M1 or M2 Carbines.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they sell M1 carbines in the past?
Or was that through the NRA?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't think they've sold any in the last ten years that I have been paying attention to the program. They may have sold them in the 70's or something, IIRC the Klintax Regime vomited forth dicta about the "eeeEEEVIL assault weapons" that the DCM was giving to children and crack dealers so they could kill, kill, KILL in schoolyards, thus the ban on selling any "potentially full-auto" machineguns.

Your mileage may vary. That's what I recall about the whole deal. That fuckstick apparently cut up (I think) hundreds of thousands of M14s and other weapons.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I am saying that the CMP is very soon going to sell M1 carbines, even though there is a version that is full auto.  It is a documented fact that the CMP sold ARs in the past.  The FAQs on the website don't say anything about not being allowed to sell M1 carbines or ARs, just that they are not selling M1 carbines at this time.

I'm done with this thread.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, CMP did sell carbines.  Up until about three years ago they were restricted to clubs with junior programs.  Idea was to get kids started on the carbines then move up to Garands.  AR's pretty much made that a moot point so CMP quietly dropped the junior club requirement and opened carbine sales up to others.  They sold out in a matter of weeks.  It still ticks me off how CMP did it, but its done and gone now.  

Rumors of carbines coming back have running hot and cold ever since.  Wishful thinking.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, CMP did sell carbines.  Up until about three years ago they were restricted to clubs with junior programs.  Idea was to get kids started on the carbines then move up to Garands.  AR's pretty much made that a moot point so CMP quietly dropped the junior club requirement and opened carbine sales up to others.  They sold out in a matter of weeks.  It still ticks me off how CMP did it, but its done and gone now.  

Rumors of carbines coming back have running hot and cold ever since.  Wishful thinking.  

Straight from the horse's mouth.
www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12981

omichaels

USA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lately there have been many questions from customers about carbine sales.
Here is the information:

The US Army has transferred to the CMP approximately 2,400 M1 carbine barreled receivers. We have not sorted or inspected them for condition, degree of completion, amount of rust and pitting, manufacturer, or anything else. We expect to start the inspection, sorting, grading, etc., at the end of January and have them up for sale by the beginning of March. Until we complete the inspection and grading, we will not make any decisions on method of sale, purchase limits, prices., or anything else. Once decisions are made, we will post the information on our web site and send an email message to our email subscribers.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#32]
What is the best source for buying cmp guns? i would like to buy a garrand. what do you think about the exported ones coming back in? saw one at a gun shop i think came from Tiawan , but was in very good shape. good rifling and parkerizing. wood wasn't to good but i would replace the wood. was asking about 670.00.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top