Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2005 2:43:13 PM EDT
Which should I buy?   I just got my C&R and this would be my first purchase on it.   My 14 year old son already has an M48 and it's a nice little rifle but the Moisin is significantly cheaper and looks like a handy rifle.   7.62x54 is just as cheap as 8mm so ammo cost isnt really much of a factor.  

I'd really like to buy a CZ52 but I just cant find any for a reasonable price
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a M38 and it's a blast to shoot.  Can't go wrong with a lot of cheap ammo and a little M38.  I really like the carbines, short and easy to handle.  I have a K98 too and I actually like it better at the range just because it's accurate as hell, but for plinking the M38 is great.  In all honesty, get either one because you'll eventually end up with both.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the important purchase though, it's devirginizing my C&R
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand!  Well with my first purchase, it was my M38 and K98 and I love'em both.  Of course I now have 6 K-31's and an Ishy and Savage, and that's just within 2 and a half  months.  I already have guns piled together in the corner of the bedroom and can't wait to buy more.  I was looking at the M48's when I bought my last K31 and think that will be my next purchase.  Are you limited to either/or?  Get both!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
 a bunch of mosin just came into the country so they will be around for awhile.  the yugo mausers are starting to dry up (not sure if more are coming in).  go with the M48
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Christmas time has my gun buying fund dangerously low, we have an M48 already but it's a damned nice rifle for the money.    Ohhh I hate decisions.     If someone had an uber cheap exc condition Moisin M44 I'd jump on that......    

Damn this gunaddiction!!!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a couple mosins and am trying to trade or sell  the finn  for a mauser reason being even though the mosin is fun to shoot and the ammo is cheap the safty on it sucks and is basically useless . not that worry about it when i use it but if im taking new shooters out shooting  its kind of a problem. these cheap bullet trowers are great for taking out the nephews and newbies since its got alot more bang fator than a ar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top