Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2005 3:45:50 PM EDT
At the Austin fun show I found a new(at least to me) brand of 7.5 swiss.
It says on the box "FOM Municos De armas Ligeiras". I assume it is made in Mexico.
Comes in 174 grain sp on top of reloadable brass. I bought 6 of the 8 boxes they had at 11.95/box(high I know but cheaper than hornady). I will post when I get a chance to shot some of them.

I did get 4 boxes of 303 brit 174 fmj at 7.95/box, shot 2 inch groups at 100 yards with open sights and powder burned clean. Brass seems to be high quality for reloading.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the other two boxes!  Thought I'd give it a shot.  I also have 303 in the same brand but haven't shot it yet.  Where do you shoot hookem?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello skm0308
I shoot on my relitives ranch during hunting season, at work when testing ballistic safety applications for an uncle we all know, and reds when it is not hunting season.
My main reason for getting the ammo is for reloading but I have never tried the FOM till I shot the 303.
I need to brake down and buy myself a chronograph to check this ammo(I need one for work, maybe santa will be nice to me since I work with in a mile of where orhlen offices are).
I unforunately don't have as much time to shoot as I had a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually go out to Manor and shoot, they charge per gun and it's outdoors.  I've reloaded a little with my cousin, 308 and 270, but now that I'm into collecting I might have to get more involved.  What is the muzzle velocity of the 7.5, I've never read anything about it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
skm0308, from what I have read in my load books, the round pushs a round at roughly 2700fps. This would put it in the same neighborhood as the 308.
With hand loading you can duplicate this easily but with a military action you would want to be conservitive with your load.

Here is a photo of m 2 swisses and a russkym38.
The birch stock finish is in great shape but the walnut from aim needs some work. It is one project for after hunting season.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking M38!  I love mine.  I'm now up to 6 K-31's, I got in on the $60 AIM special and I've cleaned up one so far and it's my best looking gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top