Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 6:21:39 AM EDT
Has anyone order the shooter grade SKS or Enfield from AIM?  
What's your opinion?

Anyone have any pics of the SKS and Enfield shooter grades from Aim?  

Thanks
Steve 'cityrepo61'
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone order the shooter grade SKS or Enfield from AIM?  
What's your opinion?

Anyone have any pics of the SKS and Enfield shooter grades from Aim?  

Thanks
Steve 'cityrepo61'

there was a long thread about the shooter SKS a few weeks ago, should be able to find it if you look hard enough.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I received  a shooters grade sks yesterday.  Haven't had time to shoot it yet but I was very very supprised in it's condition.  Some minor dents and scratches in the stock but no cracks that I could see.  All the Sn#'s that I found matched.  There was no outside rust.  However the barrel was very rusty.  It seems to be mostly surface rust, I can't see any pitting and the rifling is still very visible.  I didn't come with a cleaning rod but it did have the cleaning kit in the buttstock and an old leather sling was in the box with it.  There is also quite a bit of rust on the gas valve.

Question for the pro's, with the gas piston removed I can move the gas valve just fine from the rifle to the grenade position.  When it is installed the gas valve won't move from the rifle position.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a potential problem?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I received 2 shooter SKS's will post Pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice feet, rob!

Those SKS look good. I think I might have to jump on the bandwagon and buy one. For only 80 greenbacks and shipping...

Let us know about the condition of the internal parts and bore, when you roll around to cleaning 'em.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My AIM Shooter Grade was very nice outside condition but the bore was rusty. Cleaned up, the bore is alittle dark but has strong rifling. Took it to the range today and it shoots as good at 100yds as my other 59/66's that have exc bores. Ordered two more and they come this friday.

The AIM $ 89 No4 Mk1 pretty much looked like the one in the catalog pic but the Bore was really badly worn with a walloed out muzzle minus any rifling in the last 3/4" of muzzle. Sent it back and the replacement for it is coming friday also.

Top one is the first. Bottom two are the ones I got yesterday.  Middle one is prob the best bore of the three and is just frosty. Bottom one is kinda a S-box with a loose stock , mismatch #'s, surface patina and a crappy dark bore & siezed valve ( came free after a Kroil soak ). Bottom two are Inter Ordnance and the top one is a Century Import.
Out of the three I got one cleaning rod, One ratty canvas sling, one leather sling and a new Blue AK sling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top