Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 10:20:58 PM EDT
If I sell a C&R rifle/pistol to an indivicual (unlicensed) after I get the license will I have to do a 4473 and NICS check on the person it's sold to?    If so how do I get set up for the NICS checks?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You just get his name, address and drivers license number.  03's don't do NICS.  I personally would be careful with strangers since you can't do NICS.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
If I sell a C&R rifle/pistol to an indivicual (unlicensed) after I get the license will I have to do a 4473 and NICS check on the person it's sold to?    If so how do I get set up for the NICS checks?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
On the application form do I skip question 10 (nonimmigrant alien certification)?   since I send a citizenship form in anyhow?    Also by the signature it asks for title, what do I put there?  

Lastly it says position and social security number, what position????   it's not corporate or anything, just individual.  

Also when I submit a copy to the CLEO it's done prior to sending it off or after it's received back from atf?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On the application form do I skip question 10 (nonimmigrant alien certification)?   since I send a citizenship form in anyhow?    Also by the signature it asks for title, what do I put there?  

Lastly it says position and social security number, what position????   it's not corporate or anything, just individual.  

Also when I submit a copy to the CLEO it's done prior to sending it off or after it's received back from atf?

www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

Follow that to the T, and you'll have no problems.  That's the site I used for the application information when I got my license.  You don't fill out the separate citizenship form anymore, it's now part of the actual application.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link, got her all filled out.   It'll go in the mail tomorrow morning

I wonder if my recent form 4 activity will speed up the process any?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top