Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:38 PM EDT
JUst trying to see what the rifle I have is worth.

It's a 1915 Carl Gustafs built 1896 long rifle, ALL matching #s right down to the barrel bands and even the cleaning rod. It has the 1940s arsenal installed front sight and the decal the arsenal put on the stock for the range correction from round nosed 156 grain ball to 139 grain spitzers. The wood has a few mars, dents and dings but is in overall good shape, the bluing while not perfect (showing dulling and discolorations and fading) is 90%+ there.
The bore is immaculate and rates new as far as the I.D. disk says, and I'd have to agree with it.

Anybody have a rough idea???

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the appearance f the stock, i.e. grain and coloring, $150 to maybe $300 tops.

What you can get also depends on a collector of 96's wanting the particular year production you have to fill out a collection.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top