Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:18:34 PM EDT
Well I made my first c&r purchase. It is a K31 with a walnut stock.
It came in today and I have to say I was plessently suprised. The stock has the obligator snow damage to the butt that I can repair and the metal is about 85%.

I found the previous solder's tag under the butt plate. If I read the tag right it belonged to A Jean Pierre Gallanti who enlisted in 1939. The unit mark looks like 2II/ru in Geneve(I thank this is neet to know). The gun was made in 1941.

The down side to the purchase is my mother's birthday was yesterday and I forgot, so guess who claimed the rifle?(She loves to collect too and I loose more guns because of this)

Upside is I get to work on the rifle and shoot it. The other upside is my birthday falls on a gunshow weekend next month and I hinted for a companion k31 in birch.

I'll try to post a range report and yes pictures. When I get some ammo and time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top