Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 1:23:46 PM EDT
How is the "quality" of the K31's sold by Military gun supply? I am looking to buy my first c&r firearm and was wondering about their birch/walnut quality.
I know their k31's will not be like 'new' but I did not want to end up with 'junk'.(if you know what I mean). But is the quality on par with aim surplus? I know about Allans but the price......

Look for thoughts and comments(except about my grammer... try typing with a busted trigger finger)

ETA: Well I went an ordered but I ordered from AIM surplus. The 2 main reasons were no state tax to pay and shipping charges. To ship a K31 from Fort worth to Austin is a flat fee of 18.95 at MGS but to ship from OHIO to Austin Tx is a fee of 13.00. With no tax and the shipping I saved 15 dollars.

This is my first C&R rifle. I guess i'll see.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my K31 from AIM. I paid extra for a walnut stock. I don't recall if I paid the hand-select fee or not, but I got a very nice rifle. The buttstock looked about average compared to others I have seen. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Well Thanks for the replies.

The things I have learned from collecting is:

The joy or heart ache from getting a 'new' gun.
The history you learn when researching- this applies to c&r gun to new production guns.
Learning about the ballistics of ammo sellection for the gun.
The joy of bringing back a gun from the dead to a great shooter. Just got through with my dead grandfather's rem. 870. He bought it the first month it was made but saddly did not take good care of it. I restored it and it is a great shooter- it is like having him there when i hunt.
The satisfaction of getting people to ask what is that when at the range.
Oh did I say getting a new gun
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pleased with the K31 I bought from AIM.  I got it at the $79 price, didn't do hand or walnut stock select.  The stock was a little rougher than what I was hoping, and there was some rust underneath the front ferrule, but over all I'm impressed.  Bore looks like new, receiver, bolt, and mag cleaned up very well!  

The only thing that really bummed me out a bit was that there was no tag under the buttplate.  Would've been nice to send a letter to someone in Switzerland telling them where their rifle is, and that it is going to be very well cared for as long as I have it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top