Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 8:16:59 PM EDT
I just purchased a Russian re-work K98 and there seems to be a problem with the magazine. In order to get the first round into the magazine, I have to depress the follower with my left hand while loading the round with the right hand. The first round won't just snap in like the other rounds will.  

Also, when you move the bolt forward from the rearmost position, the bottom of the bolt face hits the magazine follower. This is only an issue when it's unloaded.

Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just purchased a Russian re-work K98 and there seems to be a problem with the magazine. In order to get the first round into the magazine, I have to depress the follower with my left hand while loading the round with the right hand. The first round won't just snap in like the other rounds will.  

Also, when you move the bolt forward from the rearmost position, the bottom of the bolt face hits the magazine follower. This is only an issue when it's unloaded.

Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what is causing the first round to be hard to feed.  Some rifles need the first round fed on either the right or left side. Does the problem occur regardless which side you load the first round on?
The follower is supposed to keep the bolt from closing when empty. This was a battle rifle, and closing the bolt when empty could cause unpleasant things to happen. It is normal.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
the follower is on the wrong side. take the follower and spring out and turn it. i once did this to my savage after cleaning and it sucked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top