Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:38:21 AM EDT
I just got a cheap 24/47 and am thinking about buying those new beechwood K98 handgaurds and stocks I've seen around, and doing up the yugo like a K98. I'm only wondering, and perhaps some here know;
1:   Can you put the original style K98 rear sight on a yugo 24/47 sight base?
2:  If I buy the stock and all the mounting hardware it should be a drop in conversion correct??, or is there any difference in barrel profiles or does the reciever ring have a handgaurd lip that would preclude me from doing this???

Thanks for any input guys

Ian
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
since no one's responded yet I can say something that I remember reading on here.

the actions of the 24/47 and M48 along with a few others are smaller I think than the K98.  So it might not work.  But try it and if it doesn't, find a RC K98 and put it on that
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that the handgurads would work because I believe that the k98 had a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
your yugo recevier is about 1/4" shorter than the K98.  so, the triggerguard/ receiver bolts won't line up making the stock a no-go.  most of the different countries of 98s that i have measured had the same basic barrel contour, but had slightly differing dimensions for those dimensions.  in short (sorry to say)it won't work as you are thinking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you guys sure?? All due respect but I am almost betting sure (and I don't normally bet) that the 24/47 is a standard length M98 action. It's the 48 series that is the short action which is approx. 1/4" shorter than the others.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it was the 24 that had the standard action.

To me there is nothing standard about 98 actions.  I have three Turk 38's and they do not have interchangeable stocks.

Proceed cautiously.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Are you guys sure?? All due respect but I am almost betting sure (and I don't normally bet) that the 24/47 is a standard length M98 action. It's the 48 series that is the short action which is approx. 1/4" shorter than the others.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The 24/47 is a large ring, intermediate length action.
The Czech VZ24 is a full length 98k Mauser receiver with a carbine length barrel.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
the yugo m24/52c is the large ring full length 98.  it was made from czech VZ24 rifles.  they will show signs of scrubbing and yugo-iz-ing.  the m24/47 is an intermediate action(approx 1/4" shorter).

#1 question:  most large ring 98 sights will interchange "EXCEPT"  the k98.  the K98 is a longer/ different dimensions.  i have swapped Spanish m43, vz24, yugo m48, and turk m38(K.Kale only) rear sights successfully between each other.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top