Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 1:49:45 PM EDT
I was thinking about putting a scope on my M44, I dont want to sporterize it, I will leave it all original, I just want to put a scope on it.

I was looking at this scope mount.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12785&title=MOSIN+NAGANT+MILITARY+SCOPE+MOUNT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
surplusrifle.com  has a few articles about do-it-yourself mounts and the accuracy results afterwards on m38s and m44s.  I think it would be fun to keep one (m38 or m44) as it came, and make another one into a sporter.  they now offer a camo synthetic stock that looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You can put a Darrell's scout mount on it without drilling holes, cutting up the stock, and bending the bolt handle.  It works just fine.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I was thinking about putting a scope on my M44, I dont want to sporterize it, I will leave it all original, I just want to put a scope on it.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12785&title=MOSIN+NAGANT+MILITARY+SCOPE+MOUNT

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a Darrell's scout mount?  I've searched google, yahoo but havent really found what it is, but is sounds like what I'm looking for!  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Quoted:
You can put a Darrell's scout mount on it without drilling holes, cutting up the stock, and bending the bolt handle.  It works just fine.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
www.milsurpshooter.net/

It's a forum about 2/3 rds of the way down.

You will now probably have to login to access that site.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
What is a Darrell's scout mount?  I've searched google, yahoo but havent really found what it is, but is sounds like what I'm looking for!  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Quoted:

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's what Darrel's Scout Mount looks like on my M38. No drilling, no tapping. I can have it back to original in about 10 minutes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top