Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 10:23:35 PM EDT
So, I have my C&R application getting ready to send it all in and I got to thinking, There is no way that I will be able to have anything shipped to me, firearms or otherwise.  What if any difficulty will this create having a shipping address that is different than my actual residence.  Could both my residence and shipping address be on the licence?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
To the best of my knowledge what you want to do is not permitted.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the stipulations on the C&R FFL is that dealers MUST ship rifle to the address listed on the C&R.  One solution is to have them ship via UPS, and then when they attempt delivery the first time, call them up and ask them to hold at the hub or local UPS store.  I've never had to try that but several people have mentioned doing it.

Good Luck,
Steve L.

P.S.   I usually just take the day-off if I'm expecting something important that day.  Of course thats the nice thing about gov't work.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I have had them redirect my package to my workplace before, just didn't want to do that with firearms related materials.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
     My mailing address is different then my street address.  The application as I recall required both address.  My FFL clearly has the premise address and the mailing address.  Shippers can ship via common carrier to the premise address and via USPS to the mailing address.  I usually ask sellers to "combine" the two address so that they don't fear something is funny.  Since my PO box is a number and the name of my development, it helps get it here via common carrier.  Usually I tell the seller to do this:

My Name
2345 Development name
345 My Street St.
Town, ST zip

Many 01 FFL's have a similar situation in rural areas.  I've gotten several licenses from 01 FFL's that were just like mine with different premise and mailing addreses.  I believe most people that ship guns regularly know which address to use for the method of shipping they use.  If someone really gave me a hard time, i'd just ask them to call ATF.  You're not asking anyone to do anything illegal.  Both addresses are on your license and both are necessary for you to get packages depending on the shipper!!

later,
AJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top