Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:28 PM EDT
I just got my C&R and am looking at a 91/30 for my first buy. The one I want is at AIM The questions I have are about the options at the bottom of the page.

It says I can Add $10 for Tula Mfr.  and/or  Add $10 for a Hexagonal Receiver

1. What is "Tula Mfr."? is it where the gun was made at? Is it worth the 10$

2. Is there anything better about the hexagonal reciever? Is it worth the 10$

Thanks folks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all going to up to you both of those options give the mosin more value for the collector. I have a 1933 Tula Hex and it is a fine piece. It was well worth $20 more to me. If it's a shooter and not really a collection piece than those options should not matter too much. Yes, Tula is the Arsenal where it was manufactured Izchavec (SP?) Would be the other major arsenal of manufacture. The hex reciever is more collectable (not as common).I Say pay the twenty more and get a good piece.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I am really strapped for cash but I want my first damn C&R buy now damnit. So I think I will pay the 10 for the Tulla.

But sell me on the hex reciever, what is better about it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am really strapped for cash but I want my first damn C&R buy now damnit. So I think I will pay the 10 for the Tulla.

But sell me on the hex reciever, what is better about it?

The hex type are more collectable, but older.  Of course all the rifles at AIM are arsenal refurbished, so may not be matching.  I'm not sure how this will affect the colector value.

A non hex type may get you a newer, tighter rifle for a daily blaster though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered one from them a few weeks ago, didn't ask for hex and got a nice 1922 hex recvr from them anyway. A side bonus is they are TG Knox imports so no Giant Century Arms Billboard Import mark !
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ordered one from them a few weeks ago, didn't ask for hex and got a nice 1922 hex recvr from them anyway. A side bonus is they are TG Knox imports so no Giant Century Arms Billboard Import mark !

Did all or most of the #s match?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I can help you with Molson

Never mind you said Mosin
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did all or most of the #s match?

Everything but the bayonet
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Mosin from Aim about a month and a half ago.  I received a 1943 Izhmash, all matching except the butt plate and bayonet.  It was a PW Arms import, so the only extra markings were quite small on the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top