Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 4:51:05 PM EDT
Just wondering, I've handled a few and only noticed this on mine. If I flip up the sight, and put the trailing edge of the slide on a sight graduation, on the top surface of the sight the front edge of the slide is on the same range graduation. I can't figure out a logical reason why. Anybody know the simple logical reason that has seemed to elude me so far??

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You used to see this a lot on Mauser's made for South American countries.

The purpose is to allow you to see the sight markings while in the prone position.

You could just flip the sight up to see the marks instead of lifting your head into the line of fire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure mine has numbers like that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I had just thought of that after I posted, but wasn't sure. That's why I love this site, thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
mine has them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top