Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 9:00:44 AM EDT
Once I get he fund I am trying to get a German Mauser 98 in 8mm. But I have a slight delema. I am counting on having a bad stock that I have to replace so I am trying to decide between the Advanced Technologies stock (top) or a wood stock with a light finish like the one pictured on bottom. If I go with the wood stock I'm going to put an old German scope on it and some other accessories to make it look like it might have been when it was used in WW2

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the way the wood stock looks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the chance to look at a few german 98k this weekend, the stocks all had minor sings and scratches. They all met my expectations as far as condition, I would have taken any of the 3. I havent seen the synthetic stock before. I plan on getting a RC Mauser 98k and if the stock is in poor condition I was going to try sanding and refinishing it. I havent looked into that much yet.

Its all subjective. I personally like the WWII battle worn look.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Advanced Technologies would be on the bottom of my list for any synthetic stock and this one for the Mauser would be on the bottom of my Advanced Technologies list.  These stocks have been in catalogs for many years, but that's the only place I've seen one.

You can pretty much buy a Wal-Mart Savage for less than it would cost to turn a K98 into a nice sporting rifle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I made the mistake of putting one of those horrid ati stocks on my turk mauser. You screw the top portion on to the lower portion with wood screws. It's terribly heavy and so very ugly. If you want to sporterize there are hundreds of good stock choices out there but please don't get the ati.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top