Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 6:16:56 PM EDT
The day for sending in my application is rapidly approaching, and I have one final question:

Where do I send the application copy to? Do I send it to my local Sherrif or do I send it to the head Sherrif's office for the county I live in? Does it even mater? Also, once I find out who to send it to, anyone know a good way to get exact information about them, ie shipping address and name?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you live in a unincorporated area vs. within city limits (and I expect you do since you live on a farm) you would send it to the attention of THE Sheriff of the county in which you reside.

Just google your county and then look up the county government, departments, and there should be a listing for the Sheriff's dept. Then just look for their contact info for the main office. Send your notice there, to the attn: Sheriff XXX XXXX.

That's all I did up here in El Dorado county and had no problems.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in San Bernardino County, and I am fairly sure it is unincorporated. I found this:

www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/

So I would send my application to address in the lower right corner (sorry, won't let me cut/paste) to Sheriff Gary Penrod?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I live in San Bernardino County, and I am fairly sure it is unincorporated. I found this:

www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/

So I would send my application to address in the lower right corner (sorry, won't let me cut/paste) to Sheriff Gary Penrod?

That would be correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top