Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:07:15 PM EDT
I picked up a swede mauser at the local gun show this weekend. The gun was still in cosmoline (I hate cosmo, just got it alll cleaned off) Made at the carl gustav factory, in 1900. The barrel is Brite and Shiney. The disc says the bore errosion is 0 and the barrel is a 1. I paid 201 After tax.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on a great buy.

Keep in mind that the stock discs were often swapped out and may not accurately reflect the bore's condition.  But, since you've inspected the bore on yours, you know that it's good...

Many receivers were rebarreled many times...

Did you get the M96 or the M38?  Both are great rifles.  Either could, potentially, have a 1900 dated receiver, although the M96 is a much more likely suspect.

Forrest

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
All numbers match on mine, cept the one barrel band. I will run a borescope down it this week if i have time. Its the longer version.  M96?

I noticed that guys wanted a ton of money for these, glad i looked around, found 4 on a rack, two carl gustav's and an obendorf. And a carbine model.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
All numbers match on mine, cept the one barrel band. I will run a borescope down it this week if i have time. Its the longer version.  M96?

I noticed that guys wanted a ton of money for these, glad i looked around, found 4 on a rack, two carl gustav's and an obendorf. And a carbine model.

Should have bought all four!!

Sounds like you got a good one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
yea, especially sence they were all gonna be 201 dollars after tax and such. But i didnt have the spare cash.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
We ran a borescope down the barrel. My uncle said, hes seen New guns with worse barrels :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top