Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:49:11 PM EDT
I found a plainfield M1 carbine in a pawn shop today....asking $329  it was in pretty good shape bore looked good too....dont know if all parts were plainfield but do you think its a good deal?? thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Fair,  Plainfield was one of the better commercial repros.  Not sure on GI parts fitting it.  

Decent shooter but no collector market.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, Plainfield used alot of USGI parts in their rifles.  I doubt there were many commercial manufactures that didn't.

At $329, I think you are okay.  Offer up what you feel fair.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
so USGI parts will fit in the plainfields??? on the back of the reciever i also noticed PMC ...what do you guys think I should offer?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They "should" be compatible.

Can't help you on what you should pay, however a quick net search of the popular auction/sales sites, puts the price range between $300 and $400.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Plainfields are one of the better commerically produced rifles, however, not all parts are USGI interchangeable. I have inspected one pretty close and as I recall, there were some non USGI parts in it. Not as many as a Universal, but some nontheless.

Plainfields have no collector value. They are decent shooters. With the absolute crazy prices being commanded by the USGI versions, most of the commerical ones have risen in price as well. To me at least, $329 sounds high, but then again I have a Winchester carbine I paid $140 for about 5 years ago. I would offer less and see what they say. Try to at least get out of paying tax and/or background check fees (if any).
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a plainfield for a while, and it was a good little gun.  I paid a little too much for it, but it was still hella fun.  Had an occasional FTF, but I think it was a magazine problem.   I could knock down bowling pins at 100 yards with it pretty easily.   Wish I hadn't sold it.   Oh well, I figure I'll pick up an AO M1 Carbine someday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top