Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 1:19:27 PM EDT
I have a 'new' to me m48 I just bought. I finally had time to fire the rifle for the first time today and found that it shoots 3 inches right and 8 inches high at 50 yards.

Now I figured out the windage adjustment but I need to get a taller front site. Does anyone know of someone that sells taller frontsites for the M48/K98?

The rifle is great, good bore and the wood is a little ruff. The pleasent surprise was how it shot and how the lumber cleaned up. The ruff look of the wood was from the cosmo and varnish(found that out from the heat of the barrel causing the wood to swet cosmoline).

Any way, I am looking for the taller frontsite.

PS: between ar's and cr's I am also looking for a larger bank account.

ETA: I must be kismet. The current GUNS magazine list the mauser front site at brownells as part# 078-050-000. It was in a good article about the mauser tanker model from mitchell. Oh I must go now my bank account is groaning.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy taller front sight blades from Brownell's. The dove tail is slightly oversize and will generally need a very small amount of filing to fit your rifle. Then you file down the blade as needed to zero it at your distance of choice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering the piss poor sights on these rifles I replaced mine with the Mojo rear sight.  This rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation and can be replaced with the original in about five minutes if you decide to sell the rifle at a later date.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top